has nine modules, which provide the following functions:
- Commissioning Scope: The Cx Assistant provides customized templates for commissioning scope based on user-input of project information. These can be used as Request for Proposals (RFPs) or to define the Statement of Work for Commissioning Providers.
- Commissioning Cost: The Cx Assistant provides projected cost ranges for commissioning based on user-input of project information.
- Design Intent Document: The Cx Assistant provides customized templates for the project Design Intent Document (DID) based on user-input of project information. The DID defines Owner's Requirements for the building, and is used to establish goals for building design and operations.
- Basis of Design Document: The Cx Assistant generates customized templates for the Basis of Design (BOD) Document. The BOD indicates the features of the building design that are used to meet the Owner's Requirements set in the Design Intent Document.
- Commissioning Specifications: The Cx Assistant provides customized templates for commissioning specifications based on user-input of project information.
- Sequence of Operations: The Cx Assistant generates sample sequences of operation for equipment similar to the equipment you select for your building.
- Commissioning Plan: The Cx Assistant generates customized templates for the Commissioning Plan based on specific project inputs. The Commissioning Plan is a document that should be provided to all project team members to clarify communication and management procedures and protocols regarding the commissioning process.
- Training Plan: The Cx Assistant generates customized templates for the Training Plan based on specific project inputs. The training plan helps to structure the training process, and to confirm that the appropriate training is carried out in accordance with the contract documents.
- Systems Manual: The Cx Assistant creates a customized Systems Manual templated based on project inputs. The Systems Manual serves as a reference as to the basis for operating and maintaining the facility's systems.
The Cx Assistant tracks project-specific input in order to generate the customized output described above. Your name and e-mail address are required in order to provide this tracking capability (Note: User information will not be used for marketing purposes).
Upon entering the tool, you will be asked to enter project specific information related to building type and size. Once you have completed the "General Information" form for your project, you will have the opportunity to select any of the Commissioning Modules shown above. You will then be asked to input any additional project information that is required for the outputs of that module.[ Note: Any time you see a link entitled "More Info", you may click on the link to find out what is meant by each of the responses shown.]
Cx Assistant Scope:
The scope can be used as a request for proposal or a statement of work (depending on whether an independent commissioning provider is to be hired, or the commissioning provider is selected from one of the companies already working on the project team).
The commissioning scope template will be supplied on a single web page, where you will have the opportunity to download it as a Rich Text formatted (*.rtf) document. Depending on user input, attachments to the scope (in Rich Text Format) may or may not be included at the bottom of the page. When you click on the links to these attachments, you will be given the opportunity to download these attachments.
Cx Assistant Costs:
You will be given a projected cost range for commissioning your project based on the inputs you have provided. Backup data for this projected cost range will be linked to from that page.
Cx Assistant Design Intent:
The Design Intent Document Module will use your project input to generate a template design intent document for your project. This design intent document should communicate the owner's requirements for the project, and should clearly define the project goals.
Cx Assistant Basis of Design Document:
The Basis of Design Document Module will use your project input to generate a template basis of design document for your project. This basis of design document defines the design rationale for the project, and demonstrates how the design is intended to meet the owner's requirements for the project, outlined in the Design Intent Document.
Cx Assistant Specifications:
Cx Assistant Specifications provide templates for project specifications relative to commissioning, including requirements for functional testing, prefunctional testing, etc. Each page of commissioning specifications includes links to the other pages of commissioning specifications, as well as links that enable you to download each section of specifications in Rich Text Format (*.rtf).
Sequence of Operations:
The Sequence of Operations module generates sample sequences of operation for equipment similar to the equipment you select for your building. Sequences of operation are provided for the following system types:
- Split system units
- Economy heat pump packaged units
- evaporative cooler units
- Package VVT units
- standard packaged units
- Constant air volume (CAV) units with a central plant
- Variable air volume (VAV) units with air-cooled chiller
- Variable air volume (VAV) units with water-cooled chiller
- Water source heat pump system
The Commissioning Plan module generates a sample Commissioning Plan for the purposes of clarifying communication and management procedures and protocols regarding the commissioning process. The template commissioning plan includes an approximate project schedule, a summary of the commissioning scope, documentation of the commissioned systems, a listing of the project team members, and a description of each element of the commissioning process.
The Training Plan module provides a template Training Plan document for the project. This document is used to formalize the training process, and to ensure that the appropriate operator training is provided in accordance with contract documents. The training plan includes a training schedule, an agenda for each major system type that will be covered, a list of attendees that should participate in each training session, an Instructor's plan for each training session, and training aids and supplemental training documentation that will be provided during the training and for future reference.
The Systems Manual module provides a template Systems Manual document for the project for the purpose of informing facilities staff, current or potential service contractors, as well as facility occupants and users as to the basis for operating and maintaining the facility's systems. It is intended to be useful in the day-to-day operations of this facility. It also forms the basis of transferring important 'corporate memory' information from one party to the next.
Disclaimer: The files produced by Cx Assistant are not suitable for bidding without prior review by the project's architect or engineer of record. The information is provided to the user as a template that may be modified to suit specific project requirements prior to inclusion in contract documents.