Commissioning Assistant™ is a web-based reference designed to provide project specific commissioning information to the design team.
Commissioning Assistant enables users to accomplish the following six functions:
- Evaluate probable commissioning cost.
- Identify the appropriate commissioning scope for each project, and develop sample scope documents.
- Develop a sample design intent document with specific inputs from their projects.
- Develop a sample basis of design document with specific inputs from their projects.
- Access sample commissioning specifications related to specific inputs for his/her construction project.
- View sample sequence of operations for their HVAC equipment
- Develop a sample Commissioning Plan with specific inputs from their projects.
- Develop a sample Training Plan with specific inputs from their projects.
- Develop a sample Systems Manual with specific inputs from their projects.
Follow this link to view information on how to use Commissioning Assistant.
What is Commissioning?
Commissioning is a quality-assurance process that can be incorporated into building design and construction to meet the following objectives:
- Verify that design intent is accomplished
- Assure that systems operate as intended
- Validate system performance
- Calibrate baseline measurement of system performance
- Train operations staff
Why should we consider Commissioning for our Project?
Commissioning enhances building performance by:
- Minimizing energy consumption by ensuring that all systems function in accordance with the design intent
- Minimizing environmental impacts associated with faulty construction
- Maximizing occupant healthy and comfort by optimizing system performance
- Optimizing life-cycle costs by maximizing system performance
Disclaimer: The files produced by Cx Assistant are not suitable for bidding without prior review by the project's architect or engineer of record. The information is provided to the user as a template that may be modified to suit specific project requirements prior to inclusion in contract documents.