- ArchSIM Case Studies: Urban Promise Academy Uses Energy Modeling to Exceed CHPS Requirements
at the Urban Promise Academy consists
of approximately 11,000 SF of new construction including a
multi-purpose gymnasium with raised platform stage, office,
conference room, equipment storage, rest rooms, a lobby, and
art/music classrooms. The project is located within the Oakland
Unified School District.
- ArchSIM Case Studies: Modernization of Oakland High School Earns High Marks for Energy Efficiency and Comfort
consisted of major renovations in Building E (a
5,573 SF wellness center) and Building F (a 20,400 SF historic shop
building). In addition, the project included the construction of
one new building, Building G (a 16,320 SF classroom building). In
addition to the challenge of renovating aging buildings to provide
a healthy and productive educational environment, the design team
also had to meet stringent energy efficiency requirements.
- ArchSIM Case Studies: La Maestra Clinic Teaches Sustainability, Inside and Out
is an award-winning not-for-profit
organization that has been serving low-income and immigrant
communities for 19 years.
- ArchSIM Case Studies: Coast Community College District Sees the Light
located in Orange County, California, comprises
three community colleges that enroll more than 60,000 students per
year in over 300 degree and certificate programs. Founded in 1947,
the CCCD enjoys a reputation as one of the leading community
college districts in the United States.
- ArchSIM Case Studies: Shangri-La Construction Soars with Green Aviation Hangar
a corporate jet hangar with attached office
facility located at Burbank's Bob Hope Airport, set out with the
lofty goal to build the "most sustainable aviation hangar in the
- ArchSIM Case Studies: Caltrans District 7 Headquarters - Orientated Towards Efficiency
can have a profound impact on overall building energy use and
comfort. One of the greatest challenges facing architects designing
new buildings is striking a balance between client needs and energy