can be achieved through exceptional performance
above the requirements defined in the LEED-NC Green Building Rating
Identify the intent of the proposed innovation credit, requirement
for compliance, design approach, and compliance
- Energy Star Equipment
- Community Neighborhood Outreach
- Greenguard Furniture
- Green Housekeeping
- Waste stream diversion of unique materials
- Owner/Employer transportation exceedance
- Natural Pesticide / Landscape architect program
- Process H20 savings
- Long term Commissioning
- Innovation and Design credits are designed for applications of
innovative technologies, market place transformation, education, as
well as credit exceedance.
- Project owners are usually the driving factor behind innovation
and design credits in regards to audits, policies, actions,
equipment, and education.
- 100% of all California LEED certified projects achieved at
least one innovation credit for LEED v2.1.
- California LEED Certified projects averaged 3 innovation
credits for LEED v2.1.
Additional EDR Resources
Case Studies: Building Case Study - A Biotech Lab and
Case Studies: Public Agency Demonstrates Resource Efficiency
Through Innovative Design
Advanced Office Building Design